We will pick you up from your hotel in Cusco early at 4:30 a.m. and drive you in our private van for 1 1/2 hours to Ollantaytambo train station where you will board the 6:10 a.m. train. The 6:10 a.m. train will arrive in Aguas Calientes train station at 7:40 a.m. where you will be picked up by your transfer outside of the train station. The transfer will be holding a sign with your name on it so that there will be no confusion. If you do not see the transfer initially, just wait for them outside of the train station. Once the transfer has picked you up, he will take you the bus station where you will catch a 20 minute bus to the entrance of Machu Picchu.
Once in Machu Picchu, you will have a 2 hour guided tour of the ancient city. After this tour you will have time to climb Huayna Picchu mountain (2 Hrs round trip climb). The Huayna Picchu tickets will be booked for 10:00 – 11:00 a.m. After taking in the amazing aerial views of Machu Picchu from Huayna Picchu Mountain, you will have free time to continue your own exploration of the ancient city.
If you want to climb Wayna Picchu you should book it at the same time you are booking your tour, The number of daily visitors allowed to enter Huayna Picchu is restricted to 400. Advance purchase of tickets online will guarantee admission. A steep and at times exposed climb leads to the summit. Some portions are slippery and steel cables (a via ferrata) provide some support during the 45 minute climb. At times during the rainy season, the tours are closed. The climb is not recommended for visitors in poor physical condition.
What is included :
- Tour Guide who is fluent in English
- Transfer from your hotel
- Bus from Cusco To Ollataytambo train Station
- Round-trip Expedition train ticket from Ollataytambo / Aguas Calientes / Ollantaytambo
- Machu Picchu Entrace fees
- Round-Trip Bus tickets from Aguas Calientes / Machu Picchu / Aguas Calientes
- Bus Transfer from Ollantaytambo to Cusco
- Tips for the guide
- Lunch in Aguas Calientes
What you need to take:
- Original passport (needed to enter Machu Picchu)
- For students: (ISIC card)
- Warm Jacket
- Rain Gear
- Insect repellent
- Extra money for lunches and shopping
- Bathing suit for hot springs in Aguas Calientes